TV and Media Production Studio
Our television and media production studio provides the opportunity for live and digitally recorded interviews with nationally renowned medical experts for any media outlet in the world. Our physicians and specialists are available to comment on breaking news, research findings, and any medical or health care-related topic. Our healthcare experts can often be seen live on The Today Show, CNN Headline News, FOX, MSNBC, The Doctors TV Show, and more.
We are part of the LTN Global Network, a worldwide IP transmission service utilized by all major TV networks, many universities, and international corporations. We also utilize point-to-point fiber optics transmission using The Switch.
Our studio is supported by experienced, Emmy Award-winning broadcast professionals who understand the demands of the industry on both national and local scales and are committed to providing media outlets with the best possible service. We have a high level of expertise in content creation and logistical as well as production planning.
We have the capability to broadcast live from anywhere in our system, including our operating rooms and our cardiology catheterization labs in the UH Harrington Heart and Vascular Intstitute. We produce a good number of live cases transmitted worldwide throughout the year.
We have the ability to provide HD quality, MP4 downloadable video at 1920 x 1080 resolution and can accommodate requests for other video wrappers (MOV, MXF, M4V, AVI, and more) as needed.
Our studio includes:
- Broadcast HD cameras including Sony PDW-F350 XDCam, JVC GY-HM850, and JVC GY-HM660
- Studio quality microphones from Schoeps, Neumann, Sony, Shure, EV, and Sennheiser
- Blackmagic production switcher with effects
- Onyx 16-channel audio mixer
- Two IFB and two PL lines
- Direct-to-digital recording
- Single camera teleprompter
- Customizable professional DMX lighting grid with dimmable 5600k fluorescent and LED lights
- Post-production capabilities with Final Cut Pro X
- Webcam via Skype
For more information or for media requests: